Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: negative images
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- Revolutionary Lovers Guide
What We’ve Said
- RT @eldiadia: Urgent Action Alert: #Mumia Abu-Jamal in Medical Center: eepurl.com/birvKf please call if you can to request family visi… 1 day ago
- Spock as Interplanetary Mixed-Race Muse wp.me/p1msVR-zL 1 month ago
- Commentary on the Oscars: Diversity in Film 2014 wp.me/p1msVR-zF 1 month ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics male-female relations marriage men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- Meanwhile real intersectional issues happening over here wncn.com/story/28664509… and no one is talking about it 3 hours ago
- We just can't even 3 hours ago
- So a workshop on intersectionality that has 3 white women as keynote speakers... 3 hours ago
- RT @thetrudz: "No person is your friend (or kin) who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow." - Alice Walker http://t.co/dVE6Sg… 3 hours ago
- RT @democracynow: Report: U.S. Soldiers, Contractors Sexually Abused 54 Children in Colombia owl.li/KU57f 3 hours ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I leave the children in women's capable hands (because I have no idea how to look after them and I don't want to learn). 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 5 months ago