Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: feminization
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- A Letter to Male Activists
What We’ve Said
- RT @ztsamudzi: HATE CRIMES?! Institutional racism exists, but Bahar "all I want is a safe space" Mustafa is the problem. Unreal. https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @deray: If you have not already, please check out: #BlackSoldiersKilledByCops. America. 4 days ago
- RT @ChicagoActivism: Protesters remember #RekiaBoyd & victims of #PoliceViolence on #MemorialDay | abc7chicago.com/news/protester… @LetUsBreathe773 … 4 days ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop imperialism injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics poverty power race racism rape rape culture relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @cheeryphilo: west philly reality check : brought to you by your friendly neighborhood feminists http://t.co/tR9pi1yRdE 12 minutes ago
- Internalised oppression can be morally damaging to a person's relationship to self -Nabina Liebow #hypatiaconf2015 12 minutes ago
- RT @dernsco: There is a problem w any theory of justice that does not have means of correcting injustice at its heart - Charles Mills #hypa… 16 minutes ago
- RT @cheeryphilo: tracking the amazingly powerful badass tattoos @ #HypatiaConf15 @littlemissdandy http://t.co/s57ovZkaJ8 17 minutes ago
- Nabina Liebow speaking on internalised/psychological oppression in intersectional contexts #hypatiaconf2015 #HypatiaConf15 17 minutes ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I leave the children in women's capable hands (because I have no idea how to look after them and I don't want to learn). 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 7 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 7 months ago