Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: femininity
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- A Letter to Male Activists
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
What We’ve Said
- RT @ztsamudzi: HATE CRIMES?! Institutional racism exists, but Bahar "all I want is a safe space" Mustafa is the problem. Unreal. https://t.… 2 hours ago
- RT @deray: If you have not already, please check out: #BlackSoldiersKilledByCops. America. 3 days ago
- RT @ChicagoActivism: Protesters remember #RekiaBoyd & victims of #PoliceViolence on #MemorialDay | abc7chicago.com/news/protester… @LetUsBreathe773 … 3 days ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop imperialism injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics poverty power race racism rape rape culture relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- Most states have same privacy laws:must show that defendant's conduct is "highly offensive" to general public. Anita Allen #hypatiaconf2015 2 minutes ago
- Do you lose your privacy interests and rights if you open your windows for natural light and fresh air? -Anita Allen #hypatiaconf2015 6 minutes ago
- Anita Allen analyzing Arne Svenson's beautiful but invasive photography series, Neighbors. #hypatiaconf2015 10 minutes ago
- "When it comes to women, privacy laws don't apply to us" - Anita Allen #hypatiaconf2015 17 minutes ago
- RT @dernsco: Amazing turnout for Anita Allen's keynote "Just Watch Me: The Declining Significance of Home" #hypatiaconf2015 http://t.co/Php… 18 minutes ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I leave the children in women's capable hands (because I have no idea how to look after them and I don't want to learn). 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 7 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 7 months ago