Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: binders full of women
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- Revolutionary Lovers Guide
What We’ve Said
- Intersectionality is Not a Trend wp.me/p1msVR-zP 1 hour ago
- @guardiannews glo ba li za tion 4 hours ago
- RT @WritersofColour: You can’t move for all the ‘tolerance’ in Britain wp.me/p3HucV-FI2 fb.me/3MpjBI2or 4 hours ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics male-female relations marriage men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @yeloson: You don't have to order doctors to be misogynistic: you simply let misogynists get access to the health care system.(again, fo… 4 hours ago
- RT @yeloson: You don't have to order police to be racist: you simply let racists get access to the justice system.(which they've had since … 4 hours ago
- RT @yeloson: You don't need a conpiracy of top-down policy of violence when white heteropatriarchy is pervasive and the system is abused in… 4 hours ago
- RT @yeloson: Call 911 for help? Cops show up, shoot you, keep EMTs from saving you. On WIC for your kids? Be tested for reasons to remove … 4 hours ago
- RT @yeloson: The Patel conviction has me thinking re:systemic weapons: withholding basic protections/resources + systemic violence when you… 4 hours ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I leave the children in women's capable hands (because I have no idea how to look after them and I don't want to learn). 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 5 months ago