Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to go Vegan
- A Message from Anonymous - Operation Black March
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- Sexism is Driving Me Mad. Literally.
What we’ve said
What we’re sayinMy Tweets
- I am patriarchy and I dominate the conversation by being louder and ignoring what the women have to say. 1 year ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 2 years ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 2 years ago
What we cover
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating community culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics men mental health men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics poverty power race racism rape rape culture relationships research resistance revolution self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @JolyonMaugham: If residents of Grenfell Tower want legal help with compensation and responsibility many lawyers will be happy to help.… 6 days ago
- RT @IanDunt: Yes, the Grenfell Tower fire is political - to suggest otherwise does the victims a disservice politics.co.uk/comment-analys… 6 days ago
- RT @starsky_ross: @DavidLammy @Tate Khadija Saye is further proof that #GrenfellTower housed a diverse & articulate community, so many valu… 6 days ago
%d bloggers like this: