Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- A Letter to Male Activists
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
What We’ve Said
- RT @ztsamudzi: HATE CRIMES?! Institutional racism exists, but Bahar "all I want is a safe space" Mustafa is the problem. Unreal. https://t.… 6 hours ago
- RT @deray: If you have not already, please check out: #BlackSoldiersKilledByCops. America. 3 days ago
- RT @ChicagoActivism: Protesters remember #RekiaBoyd & victims of #PoliceViolence on #MemorialDay | abc7chicago.com/news/protester… @LetUsBreathe773 … 3 days ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop imperialism injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics poverty power race racism rape rape culture relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- Need to transfer to detainees, and those perceived as such, the power to say what they have to say, give them the floor. #hypatiaconf2015 50 minutes ago
- Both detainment and deportation function as racist strategies of massive elimination -Natalie Cisneros #hypatiaconf2015 53 minutes ago
- Immigrant detention largely unmentioned by news outlets. Sexual violence in detention centres both prevalent and invisible #hypatiaconf2015 55 minutes ago
- Angela Davis points to Foucault's admission that prison has function in larger racist eliminative process #hypatiaconf2015 59 minutes ago
- For immigrants, deportation extends Foucault's "intolerable acts of the prison" #hypatiaconf2015 1 hour ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I leave the children in women's capable hands (because I have no idea how to look after them and I don't want to learn). 5 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 7 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 7 months ago