Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Archive | 2:16 am
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
What We’ve Said
- RT @papermagazine: The First Trans-Exclusive Modeling Agency Launches in LA papermag.com/2015/07/trans_… http://t.co/SC4UlVCWUh 4 days ago
- RT @mehreenkasana: This is ultimate sisterhood. 👊 http://t.co/ECgNYxbD3l 4 days ago
- RT @brownblaze: WOW. This cover of the new EBONY issue is such a statement. Hugely impactful. (via @JamilahLemieux) http://t.co/5pkj87SkrD 4 days ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop imperialism injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics poverty power race racism rape rape culture relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @PeterGOliver_RT: Good few hundred people gathered in #Berlin to show solidarity with #Greece very much an anti austerity crowd. http://… 3 days ago
- RT @BitchMedia: Great quote from @whattamisaid. bitch-media.tumblr.com/post/124170948… http://t.co/LV6vxLHQBN 3 days ago
- RT @katiestockdale: I reviewed Shannon Sullivan's "Good White People" for @Hypatia_Journal Reviews Online. Check it out! http://t.co/UjVGKI… 3 days ago
- RT @GradientLair: Oppressive Replies In Discussions About Oppression Are Not Helpful Or "Allyship" tmblr.co/ZlD5Fv1W_zzL8 3 days ago
- Hello new followers! Thanks for all the love <3 3 days ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 7 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 7 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I leave the children in women's capable hands (because I have no idea how to look after them and I don't want to learn). 7 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 9 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 9 months ago