El Dia of the Sisters of Resistance today published a collection of her poetry, entitled PilipinaPoems. Written during or after extended stays in her family home in Manila, Philippines, the poems are socio-economic and political commentaries on the neo-colonial situation of the Philippines and Filipino/as worldwide. The collection is both record and reflection of her evolution as a Filipina-Amerikan writer and cultural activist, and a map of her path to decolonization. She presents it in solidarity with the Global South and diasporic peoples across the globe fighting for social, economic, and spiritual liberation.
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- Revolutionary Lovers Guide
- Women We Admire: Erykah Badu
- Cross-Post: Moving Toward the Ugly: A Politic Beyond Desirability
What We’ve Said
- It can sometimes take more effort not to do something than it can to do it. #resistancetips 1 month ago
- Resistance means an exercising of the will. 1 month ago
- If you realise you are dating a narcissist, we recommend you end it as soon as possible! 3 months ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop imperialism injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics poverty power race racism rape rape culture relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- Loving your body, with all its quirks, flaws and imperfections, is a radical #feminist act. 2 days ago
- Don't think you have to be like them. 2 days ago
- Almost every celebrity whose appearance is lauded as 'perfect' has undergone major medical procedures to attain it. 2 days ago
- Plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons is a plague of our age. 2 days ago
- Shoutout to new followers! Greetings from #Maui! https://t.co/hiXMPNYzsR 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I dominate the conversation by being louder and ignoring what the women have to say. 9 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the cause of the erasure of black women, cis and trans, in the #blacklivesmatter movement 1 year ago
- I am patriarchy and I make the the Uncle Dad syndrome possible m.huffpost.com/us/entry/29867… #uncledad 1 year ago
- I am patriarchy and I leave the children in women's capable hands (because I have no idea how to look after them and I don't want to learn). 1 year ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 1 year ago