Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: negative images
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- Revolutionary Lovers Guide
What We’ve Said
- RT @SisterSong_WOC: Up to date information regarding Marissa Alexander's case. fb.me/3cvHWes7N 19 hours ago
- RT @femfreq: I’m Twitter verified! Please look for the blue checkmark to be sure accounts with my likeness are really me & not one of the m… 19 hours ago
- RT @freebsdgirl: The # of people that have told me that the internet is completely separate from real life is greater than 0. That's a prob… 19 hours ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics male-female relations marriage men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @blacklooks: Fear of Black people - #Ebola theguardian.com/commentisfree/… http://t.co/2zFoZy0rwy 16 hours ago
- RT @c_g_citizen: NHS pays G4S to run medical facilities at four detention centres corporatewatch.org/news/2014/oct/… via @CorpWatchUK #outsourcing @Sto… 16 hours ago
- RT @AFem2014: Thank you @setalyas for compiling a storify of tweets about #AFem2014 storify.com/setalyas/afem2… 16 hours ago
- RT @SaveWiyabi: Dangerous Intersections incite-national.org/page/dangerous… via @incitenews #WhoPolicesCops 16 hours ago
- RT @shesists: I want to support @freemarissanow & I am in love with @mollycrabapple's art, so I got some #FreeMarissa gear. Look! http://t.… 16 hours ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 4 days ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 4 days ago
- RT @Anniepoohster: #HobbyLobby @_Patriarchy: I am patriarchy and I am structural. I rely on institutions to maintain my power. 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I made the #SCOTUS #HobbyLobby decision. I am why Viagra and vasectomies are still covered while birth control is not. 3 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I come first. 3 months ago