Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: negative images
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- Self-Care Guide for Survivors
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- GZA Convinces Wu-Tang Clan to Cut Out Meat
- A Letter to Male Activists
What We’ve Said
- Self-Care Guide for Survivors wp.me/p1msVR-tG 6 days ago
- RT @pocorganize: Students Against Mass Incarceration hold successful first conference ow.ly/krhno #racism #poc #blacknews #latis… 1 week ago
- @StudLifeMovie @IAMABITCHTUMBLR @LoversinTransit thanks :) 1 week ago
- For the unexpected melodies of daily life, we #thankyousaintjoni 19 hours ago
- @nicolacouch in London for a friend's birthday. Whole Foods :) 20 hours ago
- Guacamole #FTW 21 hours ago
- Employment Tribunal rejects antisemitism case against UCU as misuse of legal process bricup.org.uk/index.html#wha… 3 hours ago
- RT @AntheaButler: RT @antderosa: The Facebook account for the deputy PM of Israel has been hacked as well http://t.co/YLuAdVWr 5 hours ago
- >The narrowing of free political choice to free economic consumption requires unlimited production and consumption of images." Sontag. 1 day ago
What We’re About
activism activist activist tools anti-oppression anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce economics environment exes feminism feminist heterosexism hip-hop language lies love male-female dynamics men mobile phones music patriarchy politics power racism relationships resistance revolution sex sexism solidarity strategies tactics techniques tips violence violence against women women women of color
- RT @The_SativaDiva: Holding onto toxic relationships stunts our personal growth 1 week ago
- We often limit ourselves by basing our decisions on our partner's/ex's preferences. But you don't need permission to do what pleases you. 1 week ago
- If you are recently coming out of a relationship, be bold in making decisions for yourself about what to do, what to eat, and where to go. 1 week ago
- Your relationship with yourself is the most important relationship you will ever have. Try to make it a good one. 1 week ago
- Same goes for partners of any gender. 1 week ago
- I am patriarchy and I pester you for attention, then tell you off if you don't respond in a manner pleasing to me. 1 week ago
- I am patriarchy and I value competition over collaboration. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I sustain women's unpaid labor. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and to "succeed" in a masculine role, a woman must prove herself more macho, domineering and ruthless than any man #thatcher 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy. The more insecure I make you feel, the easier it will be to control you. 2 months ago