Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: negative images
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How To Leave a Bad Relationship (Series)
- Handy Reference Guide to Identifying Oppressive Silencing
What We’ve Said
- New Post: The Realities of Wealth Inequality in the U.S.A. An infographic video by Politizane.... fb.me/2e6uUSjOD 15 hours ago
- The Realities of Wealth Inequality in the U.S.A. wp.me/p1msVR-wE 16 hours ago
- Just a quick reminder for all those in a bad relationship - you don't have to take it anymore. Vintage SoR: How... fb.me/1aGEXQIQ9 17 hours ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics marriage men mental health men to avoid misogyny mobile phones music music industry neoliberalism news occupy oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rap rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity stereotypes strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @sarahditum: The most invigorating thing you'll read today gu.com/p/3y4nx/tw – @KiraCochrane on the amazing things happen in femini… 19 hours ago
- RT @MissEllieMae: I love the idea of donating a Jane Austen tenner to a feminist campaign. Paying the feminism forward. #feministtenner 19 hours ago
- RT @RefugeCharity: It's very moving to see so many people saying they will donate their first #feministtenner to Refuge. What a powerful ge… 19 hours ago
- RT @MissEllieMae: I'm going to give my #feministtenner to @WritersofColour 19 hours ago
- RT @mrjohnofarrell: Love the idea of the #feministtenner. Give your first Jane Austen £10 to an appropriate cause. Like @RefugeCharity or @… 19 hours ago
- I am patriarchy and I normalise domestic violence, because it's "just a domestic", "between them" and "not your problem". #endVAW 2 weeks ago
- I am patriarchy and I'm what those supporting the International Day of Violence Against Women are fighting. #IDEVAW 2 weeks ago
- RT @monaeltahawy: #PT from My Husband My Rapist | Tehelka.com tehelka.com/my-husband-my-… 3 weeks ago
- RT @monaeltahawy: "When I stood up to my husband, my family told me to just listen to him and keep him happy" 3 weeks ago
- RT @SunflowerWillow: Meet @_Patriarchy «--- Learn and understand. 3 weeks ago