Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: media portrayals
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- Revolutionary Lovers Guide
What We’ve Said
- The Narco State Murders and Disappears Students in Mexico eepurl.com/40Bvb #postcolonialism #imperialism #stateviolence 3 days ago
- RT @jaythenerdkid: actually, it should be a must-read for everyone. it's a fantastic guide to abuser dynamics. 4 days ago
- RT @jaythenerdkid: it will brutally shatter all your misconceptions about an abuser's motivations. a must-read if you're involved in anti-D… 4 days ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools allyship anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice inspiration intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics male-female relations marriage men men to avoid misogyny mobile phones movement music neoliberalism news oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @prisonculture: Jim Crow persists: How Ferguson case leaks revive a shameful tradition salon.com/2014/10/25/jim… via @Salon 6 days ago
- RT @femfreq: Last night I tweeted about how toxic forms of violent masculinity can be harmful to men and boys. #gamergate is still harassin… 6 days ago
- RT @femfreq: I’m Twitter verified! Please look for the blue checkmark to be sure accounts with my likeness are really me & not one of the m… 6 days ago
- RT @FeministGriote: to challenge your unconscious biases, through contact! 6 days ago
- RT @FeministGriote: That is why it is important to diversify our friend circles & learn the experiences of others. It is one of the easiest… 6 days ago
- I am patriarchy and I am anti-abortion because I know it's the best way to keep women from having independence and autonomy. 1 week ago
- I am patriarchy and I still run shit. 1 week ago
- RT @Anniepoohster: #HobbyLobby @_Patriarchy: I am patriarchy and I am structural. I rely on institutions to maintain my power. 4 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I made the #SCOTUS #HobbyLobby decision. I am why Viagra and vasectomies are still covered while birth control is not. 4 months ago
- I am patriarchy and I come first. 4 months ago