Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: hyperfemininity
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- GZA Convinces Wu-Tang Clan to Cut Out Meat
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
What We’ve Said
- RT @WritersofColour: often tv/radio shows have a panel which has no one on there from an ethnic group or the 'usual suspects' (anjem chaudh… 2 days ago
- RT @TheDailyEdge: Fascinating #FoxNewsSunday discussion on Race & Politics. Diverse panel ran the gamut from white to eggshell to beige htt… 2 days ago
- RT @anarchoantihero: 4 Dead, 33 Wounded in Weekend Chicago Violence nbcchicago.com/news/local/4-D… 2 days ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics marriage men mental health men to avoid misogyny mobile phones music music industry neoliberalism news occupy oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity stereotypes strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @warsan_shire: 'until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.' - c.g. jung 6 days ago
- Other structural reasons: wages go down in feminised industries, women make up much of lower strata but little upper management in most co's 6 days ago
- Ask them if single mothers working 2, 3 min wage jobs literally "don't work hard enough". Then ask where they'd be if those jobs paid more. 6 days ago
- If they come w individualised reasons (don't work hard enough/welfare reliance etc) direct them to the structural (eg gender div of labour) 6 days ago
- When people point to how "progress" towards "gender equality" has been made, ask them why so many female headed households live in poverty. 6 days ago
- I'd like to see you try RT @StopPatriarchy: @_Patriarchy Hi. We're going to stop you. 1 day ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason men think they get to tell women what to do with their bodies. 2 weeks ago
- I am patriarchy and I see women as less than human. 2 weeks ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason that institutions push back when women Lean In. 3 weeks ago
- I am patriarchy and I don't give a shit about your personal space. 2 months ago