Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: gender socialization
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- Women We Admire: Erykah Badu
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
What We’ve Said
- The Trigger Warned Syllabus wp.me/p1msVR-xv 1 day ago
- We always thought @PamGrier was badass, but now that we follow her on Twitter we know she's even more badass than we thought #ifyoudontknow 1 week ago
- Happy Birthday, Audre Lorde. You are forever in our hearts. thefeministwire.com/2014/02/challe… #poet #foremother #queer #lesbian #blackfeminism 2 weeks ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics marriage men mental health men to avoid misogyny mobile phones music music industry neoliberalism news occupy oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity stereotypes strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @sandi_ave: never feel guilty about taking care of yourself. it is a necessity & should be a non-negotiable in your life. 1 hour ago
- RT @ShutUpLucille: Happy #internationalwomensday to all the women trying to beat back the demons of trauma. You are indescribably beautiful. 1 hour ago
- RT @stuxnetsource: Dear #twitterfeminism less talk, more centering trans women of color in praxis ok? 1 hour ago
- RT @WomanistPixie: Special shout out to transwomen, domestic workers, immigrant (undocumented or not) women, sex workers 1 hour ago
- RT @cisnotdirty: ICE CREAM! RT @nanayasleeps: I <3 this pic RT @gross_pastels: Happy #InternationalWomensDay to queer women of colour http:… 1 hour ago
- I am patriarchy and I don't give a shit about your personal space. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason that men can be sexist with impunity. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am best friends with every slimy guy. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am structural. I rely on institutions to maintain my power. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason men can be oblivious to their own sexism. 1 month ago