Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: femininity
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- Handy Reference Guide to Identifying Oppressive Silencing
What We’ve Said
- Please RT! Help us raise money for domestic violence survivors: justgiving.com/refuge-eldia #feminism #feminist #survivors #fundraising #refuge 6 days ago
- @HNNAfrica will do. Thanks 6 days ago
- RT @FeminismTips: Did you know more money is raised in the UK for donkey charities than domestic violence charities? Let's change that http… 1 week ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating cultural critique culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics marriage men mental health men to avoid misogyny mobile phones music music industry news oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rap rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity stereotypes strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @resistasista: Please RT! Help us raise money for domestic violence survivors: justgiving.com/refuge-eldia #feminism #feminist #survivors #f… 6 days ago
- Did you know more money is raised in the UK for donkey charities than domestic violence charities? Let's change that justgiving.com/refuge-eldia 1 week ago
- Excellent article on bias and discrimination in children's media by Soraya Chemaly: huffingtonpost.com/soraya-chemaly… 1 week ago
- RT @v_m_phil: Events today refer to "all women" which certainly-not-by-accident ignores that specific women are most hurt by society & stat… 1 week ago
- RT @ChiefElk: To even begin to understand sexual assault in the U.S. I highly recommend reading Conquest and At the Dark End of the Street.… 1 week ago
- I am patriarchy and I normalise domestic violence, because it's "just a domestic", "between them" and "not your problem". #endVAW 1 week ago
- I am patriarchy and I'm what those supporting the International Day of Violence Against Women are fighting. #IDEVAW 1 week ago
- RT @monaeltahawy: #PT from My Husband My Rapist | Tehelka.com tehelka.com/my-husband-my-… 2 weeks ago
- RT @monaeltahawy: "When I stood up to my husband, my family told me to just listen to him and keep him happy" 2 weeks ago
- RT @SunflowerWillow: Meet @_Patriarchy «--- Learn and understand. 2 weeks ago