Sisters of Resistance have long opposed the misogynist, negative portrayals of women, working class people and people of color in reality TV shows. That circle has recently expanded to include children, exploited in such shows as “Toddlers and Tiaras” and its follow-up, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” We would like to call your attention to this clued-in article by Jennifer Pozner for the New York Times Opinion Pages in which she looks at this disturbing cultural phenomenon.
Tag Archives: binders full of women
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship - Part 1: Cutting Communication
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- Interview with Melissa Gira Grant on Sex Work
What We’ve Said
- Interview with Melissa Gira Grant on Sex Work wp.me/p1msVR-xz 19 hours ago
- RT @liberatormag: The slept-on speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King mixed over timeless, meditative hip-hop production » http://t.co/FHViFVHp… 2 days ago
- RT @ddesperados: India's Supreme Court today ruled that a third gender marker will be available to its citizens. At the same time... http:/… 2 days ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics marriage men mental health men to avoid misogyny mobile phones music music industry neoliberalism news occupy oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity stereotypes strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- RT @BlackGirlDanger: "We will never apologize. Apologize for settler colonialism. Apologize for anti-blackness.Apologize for orientalism." … 10 hours ago
- RT @BlackGirlDanger: i love the queer youth of color. they inspire me so much. they remind me why I do what I do, why it's worth it even wh… 10 hours ago
- RT @resistasista: Interview with Melissa Gira Grant on Sex Work wp.me/p1msVR-xz 10 hours ago
- RT @warsan_shire: 'until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.' - c.g. jung 1 week ago
- Other structural reasons: wages go down in feminised industries, women make up much of lower strata but little upper management in most co's 1 week ago
- I'd like to see you try RT @StopPatriarchy: @_Patriarchy Hi. We're going to stop you. 5 days ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason men think they get to tell women what to do with their bodies. 2 weeks ago
- I am patriarchy and I see women as less than human. 3 weeks ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason that institutions push back when women Lean In. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I don't give a shit about your personal space. 2 months ago