El Dia of the Sisters of Resistance today published a collection of her poetry, entitled PilipinaPoems. Written during or after extended stays in her family home in Manila, Philippines, the poems are socio-economic and political commentaries on the neo-colonial situation of the Philippines and Filipino/as worldwide. The collection is both record and reflection of her evolution as a Filipina-Amerikan writer and cultural activist, and a map of her path to decolonization. She presents it in solidarity with the Global South and diasporic peoples across the globe fighting for social, economic, and spiritual liberation.
Who We Are
We are an international group of revolutionary young women promoting feminism, social justice, and resistance to all forms of oppression everywhere.
We don't take no shit.
Let's get free.
Top Posts & Pages
- Is he ignoring your text messages? Read this!
- 5 Types of Men to Avoid
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 2 - Behavioural Patterns and Other Evidence
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating on You: Part 1 - LIES
- How to Tell if Your Man is Cheating: Part 3 - Psychology
- Sexism is Driving Me Mad. Literally.
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship Part 3: Moving On
- 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry Him
- How to Leave a Bad Relationship, Part 2: Splitting Up - Do's and Don'ts
What We’ve Said
- The Trigger Warned Syllabus wp.me/p1msVR-xv 3 days ago
- We always thought @PamGrier was badass, but now that we follow her on Twitter we know she's even more badass than we thought #ifyoudontknow 1 week ago
- Happy Birthday, Audre Lorde. You are forever in our hearts. thefeministwire.com/2014/02/challe… #poet #foremother #queer #lesbian #blackfeminism 2 weeks ago
What We’re About
abuse action activism activist activist tools anti-imperialism anti-oppression anti-oppression work anti-racism black women breaking up capitalism cheat cheating culture dating divorce domestic violence economics environment exes feminism feminist health heterosexism hip-hop injustice intersectionality justice language lies love male-female dynamics marriage men mental health men to avoid misogyny mobile phones music music industry neoliberalism news occupy oppression patriarchy politics power race racism rape relationships research resistance revolution revolutionary dating self-care self-love sex sexism sexist social justice solidarity stereotypes strategies survival tactics techniques tips UK violence violence against women war women women of color
- #youreinvited to our blog, sistersofresistance.org where we elaborate on this #feministlife #IWD #IWD2014 2 days ago
- Know where you stand. Be willing to learn. Take on board that which deepens your compassion and widens your circle of care #feminism #praxis 2 days ago
- Plus...can't forget all our queer, questioning, intersex, two-spirit and gender non-conforming folks! We love you! 2 days ago
- For the record, we support women of color, trans women, indigenous women, sex workers, and survivors. If you don't, you may want to unfollow 2 days ago
- Shout out to new followers! More fresh intersectional feminism on the menu. Happy Women's Day! 2 days ago
- I am patriarchy and I don't give a shit about your personal space. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason that men can be sexist with impunity. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am best friends with every slimy guy. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am structural. I rely on institutions to maintain my power. 1 month ago
- I am patriarchy and I am the reason men can be oblivious to their own sexism. 1 month ago